Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Z-axis Returns...

I have been testing resin and beautifying the printer, BUT I need to do some useful work. Say "Hello" to the:
For those that have good memory it might seem familiar.

Just a simple bolt on job. A lot of things have not been as easy as this in a while.

1. Take a NEMA17 bipolar motor.

2. Find a motor mount ( flange is 42mm x 42mm with bolt pattern 31mmx31mm ) for NEMA17 ( I begged A LOT a friend of mine that was once going to build a CNC Mini Mill, but ended up only a "Spinner" ).

3. Bolt the motor to the flange and file down the bolts of the motor to be flush with flange.

4. Source a 4mm x 5mm motor coupler from Ebay and secure it to the motor shaft (5mm)

5. Get 4  M3 x 16mm bolts and bolt the flange with motor onto the THK linear.


6. Carefully place the linear and motor on the upright and stand back.

7. Admire the work you've done. Now try to source M3.5 Imbus ( allen head ) bolts.

The pictures are in a new shade of pink - my wife likes them better that way. Right! Until I get back my camera from my wife I'll use an old Sony with the "pink" bug. Hope the female audience will be attracted to the project because of it.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment