Sunday, November 20, 2011

X-axis mounted

As you know I'm using the DELTRON Linear LRS3-1. It is wider than the Bosch frame ( 40mm ) and it is not in the center of the printer. I have mounted it with only two of the 4 bolts.  Loosen the two nuts and slide the X axis extrusion straight down. Clamp you slide and mark, and drill your pilot holes. Drill with 4.5mm drill bit and tap with a 5mm thread. I used a 20mm Inbus to bolt it to the extrusion and fasten it to the frame.



Ok, I'll do this  to save another post with corrections:
I replaced the motor that is in the above pictures with another I had on hand:



The reason being, that last night when I hooked up the stepper drivers it was underpowered and stalled after numerous attempts to tune the motors. Also after a brief period of correct tuning I tested  some macro in Mach3 and the motor got very hot, very quick. So it was not meant to be.
The new one performed perfectly right off the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment